Terms and Conditions of Hire
- In consideration of payment of the Venue Rate, we agree to provide you with access to and use of the Venue and Additional Requirements on the Booking Date and for the Booking Time, in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Hire.
- You must:
a) only use the Venue and Additional Requirements for the Purpose of Hire;
b) only use caterers in connection with your event which have been approved by us, being those identified as Catering Options. If you wish to have catering provided, you must engage directly with those approved suppliers. Catering by non-approved caterers is not permitted in any of our facilities;
c) at the end of the Booking Time on the Booking Date, vacate the Venue, remove all of your promotional material, signage, equipment, rubbish (including any remaining catering) and other property in or around the Venue and otherwise leave it in a clean and tidy condition;
d) comply with all legislative requirements, consents, approvals and authorisations applicable to your use of the Venue and the Purpose of Hire;
e) comply with all of our directions, notices and other requirements applying to users of the precinct at Canberra Airport where the Venue is located. This includes work health & safety requirements and the prohibition on smoking within 10 metres of any opening to a building at Canberra Airport (including air grilles, vents, diffusers, entry and exit points etc).
- You must not without our prior written consent:
a) enter the Venue, including for set-up purposes, more than 30 minutes before the Booking Time on the relevant Booking Date;
b) attach anything to the floors, walls or ceiling of the Venue or alter or remove any of the fixtures, fittings or equipment provided by us in the Venue;
c) conduct any activities or use any materials or substances in the Venue which may cause a safety or security hazard or otherwise cause a nuisance to others at Canberra Airport. We may direct you to immediately cease any activity and/or direct that persons immediately leave the Venue and Canberra Airport if we consider this provision has been breached; and
d) permit the consumption of any food or drink outside the Venue, where in-room catering facilities are provided.
- All promotional material (including advertisements and media statements) you prepare in connection with your event must identify you as the organising entity and, unless we agree otherwise, must not include our name or logo and must not suggest or imply that we support or endorse your event.
- We may access the Venue at any time on the Booking Date to undertake urgent repairs or maintenance or as we require in the case of an emergency.
- We make no representation or warranty as to the suitability of the Venue and Additional Requirements for your event and you use the Venue and Additional Requirements at your own risk.
- We are not liable for any injury to you, your employees, contractors, invitees or attendees or any loss or damage to any of your property or the property of any employee, contractor, invitee or attendee of yours in connection with the hire and use of the Venue and Additional Requirements. We require you to provide evidence of public liability insurance prior to allowing you to access the Venue and use the Equipment.
- You agree to indemnify us for:
a) any damage to our property or any property of our employees, agents or contractors;
b) third party claims for personal injury or loss or damage suffered or incurred (including by any of your employees, contractors, invitees or attendees) in connection with the hire of the Venue and Additional Requirements.
- You are responsible for the costs of rectifying any loss or damage to any of our property at Canberra Airport. You must pay for any such loss or damage on demand.
- In the event of an emergency or a security incident, you, your employees, contractors, invitees and attendees must immediately vacate the Venue at the direction of either our employees or contractors or a law enforcement body (such as the Australian Federal Police). If you are required to vacate the Venue for more than 1 hour in any day, we will refund the Venue Rate for the affected day or days.
- The Venue Rate entitles you to use the Venue and Additional Requirements only and you are liable for payment of any other costs for services and facilities we agree to provide in connection with the event.
- You must ensure that all your employees, contractors, invitees and attendees involved in your event are aware of and comply with these Terms & Conditions of Hire as necessary.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- We may, in our absolute discretion, refuse your booking.
- If we accept your booking, payment will be required 14 days in advance of the Booking Date.
- You must pay the Venue Rate and charges for the Additional Requirement in order for us to confirm your booking. Your booking will not be confirmed until we receive payment in full. Your booking will be vacated without further notice to you if payment is not received 14 days prior to the Booking Date. If your booking is made within 14 days of the Booking Date, full payment must accompany your acceptance of this quote. A tax invoice may not be issued in advance, however a tax invoice receipt will be issued on payment.
- Any change to the Booking Date after payment has been received will attract an administration fee of $55 (GST inclusive).
- We may, in our absolute discretion, cancel your booking:
a) immediately, if we consider that your planned event is causing, or is likely to cause, safety or security issues at Canberra Airport (including potential harm or nuisance to our tenants) or is otherwise causing harm to our reputation or corporate image; or
b) by giving you not less than 5 business days’ notice, for any other reason.
- If we cancel your booking in accordance with clause 17, we will refund any Venue Rate and charges for the Additional Requirements you have paid but we will otherwise have no liability to you (on any legal basis whatsoever) for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with that cancellation.
Booking Cancellation Rules and Refund Policy
- Cancellation of your booking must be notified by email to email@example.com and will be effective from the date of receipt of the notification. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted.
- Where a cancellation has been notified prior to midnight on the day that is 14 days before the Booking Date, we will refund 100% of the Venue Rate and charges for any Additional Requirements you have paid, less a processing fee of $110 (GST inclusive).
- No refund will be provided for cancellations notified after midnight on the day that is 14 days prior to the Booking Date.
- All refunds will be made using the same method you used to make the original payment.
- Where a transaction fee has been applied to your payment, in the event of cancellation, that transaction fee is non-refundable.
- Where payment has been made by electronic funds transfer, you must provide us with account details for processing the refund.
- We will make refunds within 14 days of notice of cancellation. or, where payment has been made by electronic funds transfer, once you have provided us with your account details.
- Venue Rates quoted are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
In these Terms & Conditions, words with a capitalised first letter (defined terms) have the same meaning given to those words in the online booking form, unless otherwise specified.
We, us or our means Canberra Airport Pty Ltd ABN 14 080 361 548; and
You or your means the individual who, or the organisation or entity which applying to hire the Venue on the online booking form.