Interesting People Doing Interesting Things
Canberra Airport together with Lighthouse Business Innovation exclusively invites you to attend the Festival of Ambitious Ideas.
The theme for this Festival is ‘Interesting People Doing Interesting Things’. As we approach the end of 2018, we will be celebrating some of the individuals and organisations working on innovative projects from a range of different sectors – technology, social enterprises, young entrepreneurs, creative industries, government and academia.
The Festival of Ambitious Ideas follows the Ignite format where our thirteen speakers have only 5 minutes each to present their ideas and ‘ignite’ the audience. In a little over an hour, guests are treated to a range of different ideas and perspectives.
The event is designed to be fast-paced, informal and fun with opportunities to network and explore topics further after the presentations.
Our speakers for this Festival of Ambitious Ideas are:
- Dr. Sarah Pearson, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Robert Coorey, Geospatial Intelligence
- Scott Leggo, Scott Leggo Gallery
- Debra Rickwood, University of Canberra
- Rob Regent, Special Olympics Australia
- Nick Tyrell, GoBoat Canberra
- Tiffany King, Pharmacy Guild
- Andrew Snell, Rollercoster Digital
- Michele Grimston, CraftACT: Craft and Design Centre
- Lea Maddocks, Acumen Aquatics & Vivaria
- Amelia Bidgood, Eat Canberra
- Ankur Sharma, The Australian National University
- Walkiria Perez, Entry29
- Martin Darcy, Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council
- Sharon Tuffin, Karralika Programs
If you are interested in innovation, big ideas and passionate people who are game to try new things and keen to share their experiences; this is the event for you!
Those working in the Airport Business Parks can save $30 off the General Admission price, use discount code BBP2018 at checkout.
Festival of Ambitious Ideas
Date: Thursday 25 October 2018
Time: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Where: Alastair Swayn Theatre, Brindabella Conference Centre, 33 & 35 Brindabella Circuit