One of our Airport tenants, GIVIT, is a national on-line charity that believes education is the key to breaking out of a cycle of disadvantage and putting a child on a path to a better life.
In the ACT we have several local charities who are seeking donations for school essentials for Canberra children. Items in need include:
- New backpacks
- Pencil case packs
- School shoe vouchers
- School essentials – lunch boxes, drink bottles, pencil cases, stationary items
- School uniform items
GIVIT’s back-to-school appeal matches underprivileged students’ needs with donors, who will help provide the vital education equipment these children deserve. Requests and donations are kept local, so you know your contribution is directly helping those in need in our community.
To make a donation
- Go to givit.org.au/items-needed and search within the ACT region
- Choose an item request from GIVIT’s “items needed list’’
- Click “GIVIT’’ and offer your donation
- Once accepted, contact details between you and the charity are exchanged automatically
- Arrange delivery/collection of the item with the charity user behind the request
For more information or to speak with the ACT GIVIT Manager about local donations please email email@example.com or phone 0401 913 890.
Date: Wednesday 31 January 2018 – Saturday 31 March 2018